Listen to The Traveling Composer Part 1 HERE
Bruno looks up specs on a Zoom microphone for Art for Travelers podcasts
Bruno Brugnano is a musician with a dream: to travel the world, and make music wherever he goes. From life as a cook in Los Angeles to composing music for a Thai princess, he's led an extraordinary life.
We met at TEDxKrungthep last year in Bangkok, and were both speakers there – I talked about my art, travels, and handmade paper, while Bruno described his musical journey from Milan to Bangkok (neither of us have yet managed to watch our videos).
Here's part 2 of his story:
Bruno gets philosophical on:
* Why the sound of silence is the greatest sound of all
* What would Mozart do if he lived in in the 21st century?
* How the music industry's changing with the intenet – and the career decisions he made as a result
* Why the challenges of a creative life are worthwhile – but aren't for the faint-hearted
* How travel's expanded his horizons, and his favorite spot in Thailand for musical inspiration (hint: it's a beach. Ok, I'll spill it: he's a big fan of Rayong province)
For more of Bruno's music, go here:
and his SOUNDTRACK site